Friday, September 15, 2006

Update

Not too much to report. E is grinding away at the job search, and I'm grinding away at the restaurant. September is well known as being the slowest month of the year for the industry, and this one is being particularly slow. I'm just trying to put away as much $ as possible. Yesterday Erin called me to tell me that she had been offered a job in SF, working as a project manager for a non-profit. After giving it some thought, she passed it up. The salary was not up to par for what we would need to live in SF, (about 20,000 less than would be nesscessary) and one of our goals is to get a place with more space (like a house) and that would just not be possible on that sort of income. We both feel like if we ended up back in SF that we would just be spinning our wheels for another couple of years. So Sacto is still the front runner, she's put out her resumes everywhere that she could think of there, and now we just need to wrap up things here, in seattle. We are estimating our time of departure to be Oct. 25-28thish, but that really depends on how the money situation goes.

Meanwhile, my life has turned into something of a boot-camp-style mentality. I get up, work, come home, cook dinner, sleep, rinse, repeat. I've given up fast food, and anything that cost money. Last weekend I spent 15 dollars all weekend, this week I've spent 6 so far. Everything else is going into the moving fund. Although this type of non-spending lifestyle is driving me mad, I am determined to be prepared to make the move on time. I'm spending alot of time with my DVD's.

SDOT got me again, another parking ticket. That day at work was super busy, and I couldn't leave the floor to move my car, so they got me.

No comments: