Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I could Muddra Beaaah



Tonight I had a lovely 12 top of Austrailians.

Interesting table, easy enough, by itself, but the restaurant failed me. It was one of those nights where every thing that can go wrong does.

People kept ordering wine that was not in stock. It seems our wine program always is on the fritz, but tonight was particularly annoying. It's an embarassing thing to go to a table that doesn't speak really good english and say repeatedly 5 times, "oh...I'm sorry, we are out of that one too."

The computers went down. Right when my large aussie table wanted to split up their 3 separate checks, the credit card machine died, which meant we had to turn the ordering computers off as well. The result is that we had to figure everything out manually, also taking manual credit card transactions, which, for a table of that size, took some doing. Of course I keep telling them they just need a modem that can handle the bandwith that we are putting through it, but they just shrug it off. The tech guys at corporate tell them the same thing, but don't offer to send us one.

Also, we seemed to be out of everything that I needed at any one given moment. Need to greet a table? No waterglasses. Need Bread? No butter. Need Coffee? None brewed. Need a salad? No Chef. Need a computer? SOL

No big deal though, just some minor setbacks, overall it was a pretty good night. I just hope certain people can just step up their performances, but all in all, not too stressful, decent tables.

Aussies tipped me 20%, happy waiter.

Good Monday for me.

2 comments:

Katy said...

lmao...great blog!!!

Greyhair said...

It's a good day when you can have a stiff upper lip with all that crap happening!