Sunday, June 04, 2006

Tales of 12th grade hell

So I apparently didn't get the full dose of Prom just yet, as last night had a totally different kind of hell for me.

Our brand new host computer system decided to launch today, So host-bot told me that there would be 12 of them, at about 5:30, half an hour after I clocked on. Prom kids like to travel in flocks, so this is usually the case. So 4 of them showed up at 6:00, also not unusual for a prom table.

So, I throttle out the bread and water, and ask the 4 that were there if they would like drinks. "What do you have?" one of them asked. So, politely, I ran through the options for them, all non-alcoholic.

"Coke, Diet coke, Sprite, Iced tea, coffee. Lemonade- Strawberry, Raspberry, or regular, all fresh squeezed, hand shaken, Orange, Cranberry, Pineapple and Tomato juice. Thomas Kemper Root Beer and Cream Soda, Ginger ale, San pellegrino, Shirley Temple's, Arnie Palmer, and Roy Rogers.

The kid thought for a moment, then ordered a Strawberry Lemonade, the next kid asks:

"What do you have?"

I would repeat this list at least 8 more times, as they were incapable of listening while I was answering the question for one of them. Anyways, by the time it was all said and done, 5 more had joined thier ranks, they had 3 entertainment cards (45$ off total), and 9 seperate checks.

Total tip = $23 (punks!)

Funny thing happend though...

I took the 23 bucks and shrugged it off, after all, it was my Friday, and I had 2 glorious days of freedom after this shift. I worked the rest of my shift, which only turned out to be a few other tables, and was cruising around toward the back of the restaurant, when I noticed a bunch of $ on the ground. Now, I had just walked past that point, and it wasn't there on the way there, so someone had just dropped it. I waited in the area until the two girls that had just gone to the john were on thier way back, asked them if they were missing any money, and they both said "no", as if I were bothering them by asking. I checked with the cocktailer (who was closest to where I found it), an wasn't hers, I checked w/the manager at the end of the night to see if anyone was short, nope.

So, I got an additional $48 bucks.

Instant Karma.

2 comments:

Greyhair said...

Payback is hell, isn't it? I remember when Pottis was in 12th grade ..........

Pottis said...

Yeah...but dinner out for me was a Western Bacon Cheeseburger at Carl's Jr. :P